Monday, October 30, 2017

Hip Hop Abs - Fat Burning Cardio 2

Series:       Hip Hop Abs
Workout:    Fat Burning Cardio 2
Length:      44 minutes
Trainer:      Shaun T 
Calories:    454  |  10 cal/ minute


I have to start by saying two things- first, this series came out in 2003 so it may look dated compared to a lot of the newer series on Beachbody on Demand. And second, I love Shaun T so I may be slightly biased on this review.

With that out of the way, here is my FitBit breakdown for the 44 minute routine:


I honestly really enjoyed this workout (it may find it's way into my once a week repertoire once I finally get enough videos I really enjoy).  It feels a lot like a precursor to Cize- you'll learn lots of ab-centric dance movements and then string them together into a sequence.

For someone who's had two c-sections in under two years (18 months apart) and diastasis recti, this standing ab workout wasn't too much but I definitely felt it.  I'm somewhat out of shape so I did end up modifying near the end on some of the jumps, but even so, you can see quite a high calorie burn, especially for something that is also a toning program.

I was actually very surprised as to how long I stayed in the cardio vs fat burn HR zones.  I was sweating but, at the same time, it didn't feel like I was pushing myself as hard as the chart seems to show.  

Overall, I thought it was fun and was over much more quickly than I expected for an almost 45minute workout.  I would definitely recommend it for anyone who can't do traditional ab floor work and enjoys cardio- this is probably one of my favorites as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment