Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Brazil Butt Lift Carnivale - Tank Top Time

Series:       Brazil Butt Lift Carnivale
Workout:    Tank Top Time
Length:      34 minutes
Trainer:      Leandro Carvalho
Calories:    285  |  8 cal/ minute


I don't do well with strength training.  I have no upper body strength so I quickly get discouraged and quit.  This workout, however, interspersed cardio (which I love) with weightlifting and I made it through almost unscathed- I'll definitely be feeling it tomorrow.

That said, here is my FitBit breakdown for the 34 minute routine:



It honestly wasn't bad for being a strength-based workout.  I love Leandro. I think he's hilarious and full of motivational energy.  He was able to keep me in it from beginning to end- that's not something I can say about most workouts like this.

You do several sets of reps with different upper body muscles and then move to a few minutes of cardio to keep your heart rate up.  It had a decent calorie burn and my arms are already sore.  I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite workouts, but it's definitely my default for upper body for now.  There are three levels for each exercise and the girl doing level one is easy to spot and follow throughout the entire routine.

I used 5lb weights and it was probably as high as I'll go for a bit until I build my muscles up.

Overall, 6/10-ish.  Not my favorite, not one I would do for fun, but if I'm lacking an upper body workout for the week, I'm sure I could push through it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment