Thursday, November 2, 2017

Core de Force - MMA Shred

Series:       Core de Force
Workout:   MMA Shred
Length:      37 minutes
Trainer:      Joel and Jericho
Calories:    416  |  11 cal/ minute


TLDR; I LOVE this workout.  Love.  10/10 would recommend.

FitBit breakdown for the 37 minute routine:



This is easily one of my favorite workouts and one that I will be adding to my once-a-week calendar once I get enough programs.

MMA Shred is Muay Thai based.  It has the punches and kicks as well as lots of elbow work.  It is comprised of 9 rounds of different exercises which you'll do in a pattern- exercise, 30 second "spike", exercise, 30 second "spike".  The spike can be anything from lunges to high knees, to jump squats and are meant to increase your heart rate significantly.  After the second spike, you get 30 seconds to bring your heart rate down before the next round starts with a new exercise.

You're never on one thing long enough to feel like you need to quit/ take a break.  There's a modifier that you can use if you're unable to do the high impact work, but she still makes you work hard.  You definitely feel this one in the morning.

I don't do a lot of upper body workouts, so this one also made my back sore the next day (the good kind of sore).  Regardless, I've done this one twice (mostly because I enjoyed it so much) and will continue to.

No comments:

Post a Comment